Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving this year was wonderful and lots of fun for us all. The night before I was busy baking, cooking, and creating for the next day. I decided to do something fun and make some Oreo turkeys that I found on The Idea Room's blog; she ALWAYS has something fun and festive around the holidays. Didn't they turn out cute?

That morning I also made some pumpkin cinnamon rolls from a recipe I found on her blog. WOW! Those were WONDERFUL! I was pretty proud of myself because I made them from scratch and had to roll out the dough and everything!

We invited Clare, Mammy, and Zue-Zue over the morning of Thanksgiving for coffee and cinnamon rolls and to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, a treasured Thanksgiving tradition for me.

After the parade was over, we all went to Mamaw and Papaw's house for Thanksgiving lunch. Eli, Addi and Peyton played together for a little bit before Peyton had to leave.




After lunch and after Eli's nap, Jessie, Will and Grant came over to play and visit, too. I love this season for this very reason; I love being able to spend time with our family!

Eli and Grant decided to play some music together. Eli was a little unsure at first, but he quickly warmed up to Grant and decided he'd be okay to play with.



It was a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for all the many blessings God has poured out on my life. I am thankful for my family, my friends, and so much more, but especially the love that God shows me every single day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...