Monday, December 20, 2010

Meeting the Family Behind "Little Moments with the Laney's"

When I found out that we were going to be in Memphis for the race, I immediately mentioned it to my blogger friend, Audra, at Little Moments with the Laney's. I knew she lived in that area, and I wanted to see if we could arrange a meeting between our two families. You would think that Audra and I have known each other for years the way we comment on each others blogs and Facebook pages, but to be honest, we had never met each other in person until the weekend of the race. How crazy is that? Audra said that she'd love to meet-YAY!-so we arranged to meet at her house after the race for supper.

If you don't follow her blog, then you may not know that Audra just had a little baby girl, named Hannah, about a month ago. She also has a little boy, Drew, that is about 4 months older than Eli. I started following Audra's blog when she was pregnant with Drew and she started following mine when I was pregnant with Eli. From reading about Drew on the blog, I knew he and Eli would get along great, and I was right!

We got to their house and met Audra, her husband, Andrew, Drew, and little Hannah. It was so nice to finally meet this family that I'd been reading about for over 2 years now. I felt like I knew them all! Our boys hit it off right from the start and began playing with each other like they'd been friends since they were born. Supper was wonderful but the fellowship was even better. I loved getting to sit and talk to my friend! Time passed so quickly and before we knew it, it was time for us to go back to our hotel. I got in the car and told Josh that I wish they lived closer to us, so that Eli and Drew could play together, and so that our families could do things together. It was such a wonderful meeting! I hope that when Josh and I go to Memphis next year, we'll be able to see them again, but until then, I guess we'll just have to follow each others lives through blog world again :)

Audra, thanks again for inviting us to your home and for feeding us. Everything was great! The only thing I would have changed is that I wish we would have been able to visit longer. Hopefully, we'll see you guys next year!

When we walked in, Eli started playing with all of Drew's toys as if he knew exactly where he was. You would have never know we were in a new house by the way Eli acted.

Drew's room-isn't it cute?

Drew :) It was hard to get a good picture of this little man.
He loved having another little boy to play with and was so good about sharing his toys with Eli.

Hannah's room
I love how girly everything is!

One of Drew's favorites pastimes at his house is to watch the laundry in the washing machine and the dryer. I'm not kidding. Audra said he'll stand there and just watch the entire cycle mesmerized by the machine. Drew decided to show Eli some of the ways he helps his Mommy with the laundry. Together he and Eli took all the wet clothes from the washer and put them into the dryer. Eli loved being able to help!

Eli loved the fact that he got to climb onto the bottom drawer of the
washing machine in order to "help."

After the laundry, Eli and Drew proceeded to take EVERY SINGLE TOY out of Drew's toy box and throw it on the floor in his room. Then both of those little stinkers squeezed their way into the toy box and had a blast!



Sweet little Hannah. She was such a good baby while we were there.
I can't wait to watch how she grows and changes.

Thanks again for a wonderful night! The World of the Wilson's can't wait to catch up with Little Moments with the Laney's next year :)

1 comment:

Audra Laney said...

Okay, Amanda, I am JUST NOW seeing this post! You were probably thinking about how rude I was for not commenting! Ahh! Sorry. :) Just FINALLY catching up on your blog. We had SO much fun that night. I commented to Andrew also that I wish y'all were closer. Andrew really enjoyed Josh's company, I know Drew's enjoyed Eli's company, and I could have sat up and talked with you for HOURS! Thank you guys for taking time to meet/visit us. I'm glad we can say that we're more than "blogger friends" now! Can't wait 'til next year!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...