Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy 79th Birthday, PawPaw!

Our last day at my parents' house just so happened to my my PawPaw's 79th birthday. I'm so glad we were able to spend it with him. Growing up, my brothers and I only got to see my grandparents in NC once, maybe twice a year, since they lived so far away. I hate that we missed out on lots of birthdays and holidays, but I'm thankful for the times we've been able to be with them.


When it came time for PawPaw to open his card and gift, Eli stepped right in to help. He's had two years of experience so he knows a thing or two about this gift opening business.




My parents gave him two boxed DVD sets of movies, one was a set of westerns and the other was a set of soldier movies. He loved them all.


PawPaw with his grandson, Caleb, and his great-grandson, Eli

I should have been in this picture to make it a four generations pic.
Oh well, here's three generations.

PawPaw and Caleb

Our morning ended with Eli being entertained by Caleb's dog, Meg. I think getting to see all the animals is one reason why Eli loves visiting my parents. It's like a petting zoo there! This is a pretty cute picture though :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...