Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

One of the greatest days of my life came two and a half years ago when someone placed this tiny, chubby cheeked, precious bundle in my arms. From that moment on, I was no longer responsible for just myself in this life, but for the life of my son, whom I had prayed for long before he was even born. It's two and a half years later and I am still so grateful and thankful that I've been given the wonderful opportunity to be called Momma to this sweet little boy. I'm so thankful that God has loaned him to Josh and me! I wear many "hats" in my life, but I must say "Momma" is one of the best! It's the hardest yet most rewarding job I've ever been given. I pray daily that God makes me into the mom that He wants me to be, because I've got a little guy that's watching my every move. I want Eli to grow to become a sweet, young man of God and I know a lot of that will come from the example that Josh and I set for him now.

This year for Mother's Day, Eli's class at school did their handprints. I love anything with handprints :) This is one of the most precious gifts I've ever been give. I'm so looking forward to years and years of handmade gifts from Eli. They're going to become some of my most valuable and treasured memories.


On Mother's Day, Eli's Sunday School class made these for all their mothers. What's better than one set of handprints? Two sets of handprints! I love these tiny precious hands and especially the little boy that they belong to!!!


I can't celebrate Mother's Day without honoring the moms I have in my live. I'm so thankful for the mom that I was given. She's been there for me through everything, and I've leaned on her a lot since I had Eli. There's nothing like getting advice from someone who's "been there, done that, got the T-shirt." I'm so thankful that I had a mom that loved me no matter what and was always there to support me, lend a hand, give me a hug or word of encouragement. I love you, Mom!

God also blessed my life when he gave me another mom almost ten years ago. My mother-in- law has been such a blessing. She is one of the most selfless people I have ever met. She is very giving and very loving. I'm so thankful for her and for all the things she has taught me since I became her daughter-in-law. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...