Thursday, July 7, 2011

Painting with Friends

Last week some of my friends from school got together to celebrate my friend, Judy's, birthday. A shop in our area recently started doing a painting class, kind of like Painting with a Twist, so we went there to create some masterpieces. 

I immediately fell in love with so many of her canvases in her store. I saw so many I wanted to paint.


Our class painted a paisley cross that night and they turned out so cute. We all loved it!

Torri and Una painting their background.

Me and my bestie from school, Sarah

I opted for a brown background. Brown is probably one of my favorite colors.

Painting the inside of the paisleys.

Sarah working on her paisleys.

My finished product. I love how it turned out!

The class lasted about 1 1/2 hours, but the time passed so quickly. Everyone chatted, laughed, painted, and had a great time. Erin, the owner/instructor, walked around the entire time helping those that needed it. She was so nice and made it fun for everyone. At the end, we all posed with our masterpieces we had created. 

Judy, the birthday girl!

Una

Torri

Sarah

Me

Group shot of all of us with our paintings

I love how they're all similar, but everyone's personality shines through.

As we were leaving the store, I saw several more paintings I wanted to re-create for my house. I actually plan on doing a lot of the art work for our new space, and I'm really excited about it! I think I want to do a fleur de lis somewhere, but maybe include our family name on it.


It was hard not to take a picture of what you see next. Notice the pink spray painted deer? Not only was the deer pink, but the antlers were spray painted silver, and there were fake pink glittler eyelashes on her eyes. Oh wow! I wonder how many husbands would let their wives do this to their prize deer? Probably not very many!


After the painting party, we went to a local restaurant downtown called Fat Mama's for a late night snack. We had so much fun getting together outside the classroom. These ladies are one of the reasons why I love my job so much. It's fun to go work at place where you get along so well with your co-workers. In fact, we're already planning our next girls night out :)


Happy Birthday, Judy! You are such a light and a joy to teach with at school and I'm so thankful for our friendship! Thanks for letting us celebrate your special day with you! We love you!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...