Friday, June 13, 2014

Beach Vacation 2014-Day Three

On our second day at the beach we woke up to partly cloudy skies. The Weather Channel app was predicting an 80% chance of rain, but since it was mostly sunny when we woke up, we decided to take a chance. Josh and I grabbed our coffee, Eli and Hannah, and headed out to the beach for a morning stroll. It was really windy and the waves were already huge! The tide had come in so far that it had created mini lakes all over the sand. It was perfect for playing and exploring. I even found a perfect piece of driftwood that I could use to make into something useful (haven't quite figured out what, but I have it just in case!)


After our morning walk, we all went back to the condo and changed into our swimsuits and decided to make the most of the sunny weather.





Eli actually took this picture and I have to praise his picture taking skills :)


Like I said earlier, the waves were really big, but Josh and Eli decided to try one ride on the boogie board to test out the waters. 



The waves were huge, but with the help of his Daddy, Eli was able to catch the first one and ride it all the way in to shore. .



I thought everything was great until I looked down and saw the aftermath of his ride...my poor little wave rider had lost his swimsuit! That's just how strong those waves were! Once we pulled his swimsuit back to the spot where it needed to be, we decided to skip boogie boarding for the day. It was just too dangerous. Whew! One less gray hair for me..

Josh grabbed Eli and he took him just far enough in the water so they could jump the waves. Eli LOVED this and had a great time!






My big kid (Josh) decided to have some fun in the waves himself and started doing front and back flips into the waves. I'm happy to report that he actually landed every single flip. Not too shabby for my 35 year old big kid at heart :)


Josh's pants ended up in a precarious situation a couple of times like Eli's and this was Eli's face when he noticed. He laughed just a little bit...




The two Josh's decided to take advantage of the pretty day and go play a round of golf at one of the courses nearby. Diane and the kids decided to hang out at the pool, but Eli and I were beach bums and hung out at the beach all day. I love being a beach bum!




When the Josh's finished their round of golf, we made plans to meet them at Cosmo's. Before we left, I made the kids do the obligatory picture. Look how much they've grown since last year! 

June 2013

June 2014


Last year we tried to eat at Cosmo's but it was an hour plus wait. This year we got there at Mawmaw and Pawpaw time (5 o'clock) and didn't have to wait at all. We also scored $5 appetizers since it was happy hour as well :) Yes sir, we will take the firecracker shrimp, cheese dip, and sushi. Don't mind us at all :) It was all so good! 







Our entrées were even more spectacular...so good they were picture worthy. I got the pecan crusted redfish served on their parmesan risotto with asparagus. OH. MY. YUM!


Josh got the Chef's special for the night which was pan seared scallops served on risotto with string beans. He said it was the best thing he's ever eaten. It was so good and so fabulous that he actually high-fived our waiter after eating this meal because he was the one who suggested it. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I'm not even embellishing the tiniest bit.

For some reason we didn't take nearly as many group pictures this trip as last year, so I'm glad Josh H. asked our waiter to take this picture of all of us. It was a fun, fun night with our friends!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...