Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Break 2014-Update #1

We got back from the beach and officially started our summer break at home. Oh, how it pays to be a teacher during the summer. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the time I get to do things with Eli. I think more than anything else I love being able to wake up and not have anything on my agenda. That's the best because during the school year I can tell you what I'm doing every minute of my day from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep. My life during school is regimented and scheduled and I love the freedom that summer brings :) The schedule goes out the window! Yippee!!

Here are some pictures of things we've been doing this summer. There will be more to come as summer progresses!

Day one of the Summer Reading Program at the library. 
This year's theme is Fizz, Boom, Read!


Arts and crafts time with Mommy

I drew the rocket ship and Eli painted it. 

Our Summer Bucket List Jar. Anytime he's bored, Eli can pick something out of this jar and it is something fun we can do together. We loved coming up with ideas to include in the jar. 

Eli chose the slip that said "Take Maggie for a walk" one day.
He was excited to get to walk her around the block. 

One of the home projects from the library was to make a recycled guitar out of a cereal box, 
popsicle sticks, paper towel roll, and rubber bands. Eli and Josh jammed out together once 
Eli's guitar was complete. 



Baking soda with colored vinegar. 
A fun science project that always entertains Eli! 

Eating at Johnny's Pizza and visiting with Mr. George. 
Eli befriended Mr. George on one of our first visits to Johnny's and now they're best buds.
Eli said he wants to work at Johnny's when he becomes a teenager because that's where Mr. George works. Haha! It's so sweet to see how Mr. George will stop what he's doing to visit with Eli. 
Eli definitely has a heart for older people and loves making them smile :)

That's just a little preview of some of the fun we've had this summer. There is lots more to come! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...