Sunday, June 8, 2014

Eli's First Year of AWANA

This past year Eli and I participated in our church's Wednesday night activities for kids called A.W.A.N.A. (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed). He was in the 4-5 year old group called Cubbies. Ever since we moved here I've been a helper/leader in our church's Wednesday night activities. Shortly after Eli was born though, I took a little hiatus to give other people a chance to volunteer and get involved. Once Eli was school-age though I was ready to get plugged back in and help. I love working with kids and it was lots of fun working with this group of kiddos every Wednesday night this year. 

Each week had a theme and it was lots of fun participating in all the fun themed nights-crazy hair night, crazy socks, crazy hats, backwards night, mismatched shoes night, and so many more. There were also lots of mission opportunities and I'm thankful that they gave these kiddos the opportunity to bless others :)

Scripture Pumpkins

Showing off his badges and ribbons.

End of the year awards in front of the entire church.

At the end of the year awards ceremony, Eli received a medal for attendance, a ribbon for finishing his Cubbies book, a participation ribbon and more. He was so excited and held up his awards for his Daddy to see while on the stage. 

Proudly showing all the awards he received for the year in A.W.A.N.A. Cubbies. 

Next year he'll move up to the next group in A.W.A.N.A. called Sparks. I'm thinking that I'm going to stay behind in Cubbies and work right now. While I LOVED teaching Eli, he sticks close to me if I'm near and I really want him to branch out and make new friends. We'll be in the same building, but I think he'll learn more if I'm not right there next to him. He's a big Momma's boy when I'm around :) It's going to be fun and I'm excited to see how much he is going to grow and learn :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...