Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Outing

Every year the first graders at my school put on a Christmas musical for the community. It's a lot of fun and they love singing in front of their family and friends. The past three years we have sung songs from The Polar Express. It's so much fun! The kids dress up in their pajamas just like the kids in the book/movie. Normally, my friend, Sarah, and I are the ones that coordinate the musical, but this year she's had to do it alone since I've been out on maternity leave. Luckily the decorations we made three years ago have held up really well, so every year all we really have to do is touch up and then set up. Yesterday, I went to school to see my class and to visit with some of my teacher friends. No, Eli didn't make this trip. There's too many germs for my little boy when you're talking about 20 first graders. He'll have to wait until he's a little older before he visits with Mommy at school. Anyway, I saw Sarah and she asked if I would go help her set up today. I gladly said yes depending on how Eli's night and morning went. I was really hoping that everything would go well because I wanted to help her out as much as possible. Plus, I wanted Eli to get out a little bit, too. We both needed a break from the inside of our house.

Well, I'm glad to say that Eli had a great night and a great morning. He gave me a five hour stretch and then a three hour stretch. He's such a great sleeper! He woke up this morning around 6:30, ate, played, and then was out again! Sarah called right when he was eating for the second time this morning and after he was finished, we loaded up and went to meet her at the convention center. Eli was great. He slept most of the time we were there, but woke up long enough that Sarah could hold him a little bit. I guess he was checking on our progress and to make sure that everything met his approval. I guess it did because he went right back to sleep :) Yay us! The performance isn't until Thursday. I hope that Eli and I can make it because I really want to see my students perform, but we'll just have to see how little man does. I know my students have been practicing so hard. I wish them lots of luck. I know everyone is going to do great!
"Aww, Momma, let me sleep!"


Checking out the stage decorations

Decorating for The Polar Express

Eli and Sarah

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...