Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we went over to Josh's mom's house to do Christmas with her. Having Eli here for the holidays has been so great. He really is the best present we've been given this year. I mean, just look at this sweet smile. How could you not love him?

He had just been fed before we got to Zue-Zue's house, so he was in a really good mood. He was giving out lots of smiles. I think he was trying to pour on the charm in hopes that he might score one or two more presents! He gets that from his Mommy :)


After we ate our Christmas Eve breakfast, I played Santa and passed out all the gifts. Since Eli really didn't need anything at all, he just got two presents. He didn't seem to mind at all. In fact, he slept through most of the gift opening. Next year, he'll be a little more active, I'm sure.


Josh, on the other hand, racked up! I guess he was a really good boy this year...hmmm, maybe Santa didn't really check his list twice :) Just picking, honey! You deserve every single one of those gifts!

I also got lots of presents! Presents are one of my most favorite things. I never get my presents under the tree anymore though because I usually can't help but sneak a little peek :) I've gotten in trouble so many times over this, but I still can't help it!


This year Josh and I had such a hard time coming up with things for people to get for us. There really wasn't anything we needed. Plus, we realized that Eli was going to be the main recipient of the gifts from now on. After much thought we came up with a list of kitchen items for his mom to choose from. One of those items was a silicone oven mitt that Josh really wanted for some reason. I think he wanted a red one, but blue was all they had. That didn't seem to bother him as you can tell. He's actually posing for a picture! This is so shocking because when we first met each other, Josh HATED pictures. He said being around my family has helped change that...we take tons of pictures! Eli better not be like his Daddy either because the camera stays out around that boy :)

All the adults opened their gifts and then Eli decided he wanted to wake up for his gifts. He took the tissue paper out of the first one and then decided to take a peek inside with some assistance from me. We both really liked what we saw in that bag! It was a set of 100 children's book stories on DVD's. WOW! I had recently seen this set in my Parent's magazine and mentioned to a certain friend that this was something I really wanted for Christmas (thanks, Nicki!). I'm going to be able to use these DVD's at home and at school. What a great gift!



Eli's second gift was his mobile. I registered for this back when I was pregnant with him but never received it. I'm so glad Sue got it for him because he is really starting to look and notice things around him now. It's so neat to watch him find something and to know that he actually sees it. I installed the mobile yesterday and he loves it! He lays and stares so intently at it as the animals go around and around. He gets so excited his little legs don't stop moving! I took a video of him watching the mobile today (Friday) and I'll post that later on. Only the hard core blog lovers will want to watch that video though because all he does is look at the mobile. He's still cute as a bug though!


Those of you with kids have done this, I'm sure. This little boy really is the best gift that Josh or I have ever received. We feel so blessed to have a child who is happy and healthy. He is the joy of our lives. I LOVE this little boy more than I could ever imagine. I never knew love like this. It's an amazing feeling! I can't wait to have many more Christmases with him :)

As you can tell from the pictures below, we're all pretty smitten with this little boy. He has captured all of our hearts!




We came home from Sue's just in time to leave out cookies and milk for Santa. Santa was coming soon and we didn't want him to skip over our house because Eli was still awake, so we all quickly went to bed to await all the wonderful surprises the next morning!

Santa got milk and Rolo cookies. YUM-O!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...