Monday, December 8, 2008

My Day with Mommy and Daddy

Hey everyone! Eli Daniel Wilson here...I thought I'd give my mommy a break and take over for one blog post. Besides, I know you guys would rather hear from me than her anyway! My life since I was born has been great. I love my mommy and daddy so much! I've completely changed their world for the better since I arrived. For example, Mommy and Daddy used to get lots of sleep, but I've decided that they should spend time with me instead of sleep; I guess that's why Mommy takes a nap with me most afternoons. I'm a newborn and I'm supposed to nap...what's her excuse? Oh well, I guess she deserves it since she gets up with me during the middle of the night to feed me. (I may be a newborn, but I know not to bite the hand that feeds you!) Like I was saying, I have completely changed their world since I made my grand entrance. In fact, the other night they got to experience my first little meltdown in a public place. I can't help it if I am unable to verbalize with words what I'm feeling yet, so I had to resort to crying...very loud crying. I was hot, tired, hungry, not in my house, and I wanted to go home. It worked! They only stayed at the party for a little bit before we had to load up and go home. Oh, the things I have in store for them! They really can't complain though. I've been pretty great since they first found out I was in Mommy's tummy. I didn't make her sick at all while I was growing inside her and she never once complained of me making her uncomfortable. I was a great baby and still am. I am a great sleeper-the past three nights I've given her a five hour stretch of sleep before I woke up hungry! During the day, I eat, poop, pee, play, and nap just like I'm supposed to. Not to mention I'm cute, if I do say so myself! See? I told you they couldn't complain (and they haven't...so far, I've only heard good things from them about me).

I thought I would give you a glimpse into my day with Mommy. She isn't working for three months so she can stay home with me. I am so happy about that! I am too little to be away from her right now, so Mommy and I are having a great time being together at home every day. We've even started venturing out of the house on pretty days...more on that later. The first couple of pictures are of what I do to scare Mommy. Don't worry, when I was doing this she was right beside me. She doesn't think I know, but she kind of gave it away with the bright flash in my eyes! When I nap in my Boppy bouncer, I like to scare Mommy by taking the blanket and moving it all the way up to my face. She can't blame me, because she does the exact same thing when she sleeps. Mommy is always asking anyone that walks by me to move the blanket away from my face, but not even a minute later I have it up there again. I'm super fast!




After I woke up from my nap, Mommy fed, burped, changed, and dressed me for the day. Then she decided to have ANOTHER photo shoot. Come on, Mommy! I know the camera loves me, but seriously! Do we have to do this every day? Since I knew how much she loves taking pictures of me, I cooperated and gave her some really good ones. She loved it! (And don't let her know, but I did too!)



Daddy came home for lunch and Mommy asked if today would be a good day for us to visit him at the bank. Everyone that Daddy works with has been begging to see me (Yeah, I'm a local celebrity!) but they've been sick ever since I got here. Everyone was finally all better, so Mommy and I loaded up in the car and went visiting. You may notice that my outfit is different in these pictures. That's because I decided to spit up all over my other ones and Mommy in the process. Needless to say, spit up isn't the fragrance of choice, so we had to do a wardrobe change before I went to see all my adoring fans.

We got to the bank and I was disappointed to find out that Mr. Cliff wasn't there. He's my Daddy's boss and is a really cool guy so I hear. He and Mrs. Debra (Beppa) are out of town right now, so I'm definitely going to have to stop by again when they get back. Mr. Cliff is my hook up for fishing, so I've got to lay on the charm early. I do have to apologize to Mr. Cliff though. Apparently, someone forgot to tell me that when babies make visits to banks, everything shuts down. You would have thought the President walked through those doors the way those ladies oohed and aahed over me! I think they're quite smitten! It was fun getting to meet all the people that Daddy works with every day--even better was the fact that they were all girls! Am I hot stuff or what? I was passed around from lady to lady, but all too soon my stomach started to tell me that it was time for Mommy and I to go home and eat. We left but I'm sure we're going to be back very soon!

Mrs. Susan and Mrs. Jeanine admiring my hair

Yeah, I know...I'm pretty cute!

Showing me off to all the ladies at the bank

Safe in Daddy's arms




Getting some love from Mrs. Jennifer


Checking out Mrs. Reve


Enjoying some time with Mrs. Ouida

2 comments:

Audra Laney said...

Oh Eli is just so cute. Drew did the same thing about wanting something up near his face. I finally had to tuck the blanket in really tightly on each side of the bassinet mattress. Now he gets right up next to me in the bed. It's as if he always wants his nose to touch something. These babies don't know how much they worry their mommies!

Anonymous said...

awwww, believe me, Mr.Cliff would so much rather be there than where he is! Hopefully, he will be back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...