Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

This past Sunday, Josh and I spent the afternoon getting our house ready for Christmas. I love this time of year! I can't believe that there are only 22 days left until Christmas morning. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. I love everything about it--the lights, the music, the food, the smells, the presents, the time spent with family and friends, and remembering why we celebrate Christmas...Jesus Christ. I consider myself so blessed when I think that this year Josh and I will celebrate our first Christmas as parents! I know that Eli is going to be too young to remember how special this Christmas is for us, but Josh and I will know. I can't believe that this Christmas I have the best present in the world--my son :) He is better than any gift that would fit under the Christmas tree and sweeter than any song you might hear on the radio. I can't wait to bake Christmas cookies and set them out for Santa, hang his first ornament on the tree, open presents Christmas morning, sing Christmas songs, and share all my Christmas memories with him. It's going to be so wonderful to spend this special holiday with my husband and my son! I am so thankful for both of them :)

Sunday afternoon, Josh's mom came over to watch Eli while we went to Wal-Mart to buy lights for the house. We had some lights from last year, but decided to go ahead and invest in some LED lights--you know, go green and everything. We got back and Josh let me go up on the roof this year to hang them. I was so excited! I hate being the one on the ground handing him the lights...it gets so boring. Now don't get jealous when you see me in these pictures...not everyone can look like this! HA! I should have been crowned the Mismatch Queen because not a single item of clothing matched. I was warm though!

Here are some pictures of our fur child, Maggie. I feel bad for her because she hasn't been getting nearly enough attention lately. It's not anyone's fault really. When I'm home during the day, I'm taking care of Eli and lately it's been too cold to go outside with him, so Maggie's had to fend for herself in the attention department. That may explain why the two blankets I put in her house to keep her warm are now shreds in my yard...she entertained herself! LOL! Isn't she pretty though? The golden leaves from our gingko tree provide the perfect background for her.


While we were decorating the house, this is what Eli was doing. After his bath and tummy time, he was pooped! Life is hard for a newborn! :) Don't worry, Sue was watching him like a hawk while he slept on his stomach. If you notice, you'll see that he managed to find his thumb while he was on his stomach. He was in heaven then! He started sucking on that thing and put himself right to sleep. Thank goodness his hands were clean! He looks so sweet :) I love him!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...