Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Weekend with Grammy and Pop

My Grammy and Pop came in this weekend! I was so happy to see them. Grammy had not seen me since I was 2 weeks old and Pop had not seen me since I was born. That's a long time! I've changed so much since then. Grammy and Pop came in around 9:30 Friday night, just in time to watch me get my bath. Mommy seems to think that it's never too early to get me on a schedule (I've figured out that she's kind of a planner), so for the past 3 or 4 days she's been giving me a bath, then feeding me, then putting me down for the night. I've cooperated pretty well, but since I had an audience Friday night, I decided I wasn't quite ready to go down for the night. Hasn't anyone ever explained to her that it's rude to sleep when you have company? Grammy and Pop watched me take my bath and then Pop tried to feed me some mommy milk from a bottle but I wasn't interested in eating. There was too much going on around me to concentrate! Instead, I let Grammy and Pop hug and love on me. I knew that's what they really wanted to do, so I indulged them :) I have to please my adoring fans, you know. Finally, all the excitement wore me out and I dozed off. I made Mommy really happy, too, because I slept 6 hours! Yes, you read that right. I slept for a full 6 hours before I woke up hungry. Mommy was so proud of me.

Saturday morning I woke up in a great mood. I ate my breakfast and then played with my company. Grammy and Pop are lots of fun! I shared lots of smiles with them. They were quite enamored! I'm going to have to work this cuteness factor for as long as possible. We didn't do much Saturday, just stayed at the house and played. It was lots of fun!

Stare down with Pop.

Sharing smiles with Grammy and Pop


Mommy and Daddy had to go to a Christmas party, so Grammy and Pop watched me while they were gone. It was pretty hard for Mommy to leave me, but she knew that Grammy and Pop were going to take really good care of me. (Of course, she was a little worried that they make try to take me home with them! They've been talking about doing that since I was born!) While they were gone, we had lots of fun. They gave me my bath and we even took pictures in front of the Christmas tree! Mommy and Daddy came home to find I was still here and had been such a good boy while they were gone. (Mommy only called once to check on me while she was gone, too!) My weekend with Grammy and Pop was great. I was really sad to see them go Sunday afternoon, but I know I'll see them again soon!
Mommy and Daddy all dressed up for their party.

Enjoying some nap time on Grammy.

Grammy is so comfy!

Getting my bath from Grammy and Pop

"I'm cold! Let's hurry this thing up, people!"


Me and Grammy

Playing with Grammy on my activity mat

Pop's trying to get me to smile

They couldn't get me to smile, but this works.

Practicing holding my head up...I'm getting really good at this!

Chillin' while watching "Praise Baby"
Gotta tell Jonah thank you for letting me borrow this. I LOVE it! Thanks, buddy!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

such CUTE pictures of eli! =) brody loves "praise baby", also! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...