Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2 Months Old

I find it so hard to believe that my little boy is already two months old. He has grown and changed so much since we brought him home from the hospital. I don't have his physical stats yet-we'll get those next week when we go to the doctor-but here are some of the ways he has changed since we first brought him home.

Likes:
*Getting his diaper changed-I know it's strange, but some of his calmest and happiest moments are on the changing table. I have stocked our changing table with stuffed animals, books, and other toys because that's the best place to interact with him. If only we could do tummy time there....
*His Baby Einstein activity mat. He loves, loves, loves the star/sun thingy at the top. He will lay there and kick, smile, and laugh at that thing.
*Eating-He fits well into this family. We LOVE food.
*His swing-He loves the gazing ball above him. He has discovered that there's another baby in there that does what he does! It's so cute to watch.
*Boppy bouncer-I wish I had a Boppy bouncer! We put him in this, turn it on vibrate/massage and he is out!
*Pacifier-I know I'll regret this one day, but for now, he needs it, loves it, and has to have it in order to be content.
*Daddy time-He instantly calms down with Josh. I love that they already have a great bond with each other.
*Mommy :)
*Fans and lights
*Looking out at the world around him
*Getting his nose sucked out with the aspirator-He's so weird, but he smiles every time I do this!

Dislikes:
*Naps-I usually have to bundle him to get him to take a good nap. If I don't, he wakes up after about 30 minutes, which makes for a very fussy baby at the end of the day.
*Tummy time-He's getting better, but he's not a fan of this right now. I think once he can really hold his head up well, he'll like it.
*Being swaddled-He hates being confined. I think this goes back to when he was in the womb...he kicked like crazy in there! He's fussy for about 5 minutes after being swaddled, but usually calms down after that. He also doesn't like his car seat or his Bumbo seat for this very reason. He may not like it, but we do it because it's for his own good!
*Not being able to see what's around him-If you're holding him, it better be where he can look at all the things around him, otherwise, you'll have a very unhappy baby on your hands. He's so nosey :)

Thankfully, his LIKES far outweigh his DISLIKES :) He is a really good baby. He is still sleeping GREAT! His first stretch of the night is still 6 hours. I could not be happier about this! Our war with the bottle is over. He takes it like a champ now. In fact, the only time he gets the other is in the middle of the night. I pump the rest of the time and give it to him using the bottle. I love how using the bottle has given other people the chance to feed and bond with Eli. He is growing and changing so much. I love my little man!

2 Months Old
January 6, 2009





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever...sweet baby boy...I love, love, love him!!! He will ALWAYS smile for his mommy.
His Zue-Zue

Avery's Mommy said...

He is such a cutie w/ all those smiles. Can't believe its already been 2 months!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...