Friday, January 9, 2009

Snug As a Bug

Before you look at the pictures (I know most of you just scroll for the pictures and skip the words), no, my son is NOT in a straight jacket. He is in a wonderful blanket called The Miracle Blanket. This blanket truly is a miracle! We have used it with Eli since we first brought him home from the hospital and will continue to use it until he outgrows it one day. Josh is already checking websites to see if they make one for toddlers! For those of you that don't know, this is a swaddling blanket that recreates the feeling of being inside the womb for babies. Babies spend 40 weeks all smushed and tight and they are comforted by that feeling. This blanket keeps their arms by their sides so they don't wake themselves up with all the startling and moving about that they do. My friend, Nicki, is the one who first told me about this great blanket. Her little boy, Jonah, slept in it until he couldn't fit into it anymore (and even then Dan and Nicki figured out a way for him to keep using it!). I knew after hearing her wonderful stories of Jonah sleeping through the night at an early age that I wanted to have one.

From the beginning, Eli has been a GREAT sleeper and I give the credit to this incredible blanket. He didn't like it at first, but now he LOVES it. I wrap him in it and almost immediately his eyes start to get really heavy. He knows that the miracle blanket equals sleep. I love it because good sleep for him means good sleep for us! (Last night, he slept 8 HOURS! Can you believe it? The two nights before that he slept 7 HOURS!) Normally, I don't swaddle him for his naps during the day. I'll let him sleep in his pack n' play, bouncer, or swing. When he needs a really good nap though, I pull out the Miracle Blanket. It guarantees me an hour to a two hour nap at least, which is great because that allows me to have some "Me" time during the day. If you are pregnant and don't have one yet, please go to their website and buy one. You will not regret it! I guess if we have another child and it happens to be a girl, we'll have to buy a pink camouflage one :)

"I'm all wrapped up and ready to take a good nap."



We started the nap with no pacifier, woke up and needed it, and then promptly spit it back out once he was asleep. He can't make up his mind...this could be a problem later on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...