Thursday, January 22, 2009

Left with Daddy

This past Sunday, I (Amanda) was able to go to Sunday morning church for the first time since I had Eli. Since Eli was born during the coldest part of the year, our pediatrician, the first time we saw her, recommended keeping Eli out of the cold and away from the church nursery for as long as we could, meaning no church for us for awhile. When we went back a few weeks ago for his 2 month well visit, she said the longer we kept him out of the nursery and away from other little kids bearing germs the better. I was a little disappointed to hear that because on one hand, I have been anxious to go to church as a family; on the other hand though, I don't want my little boy to get sick. What's a mother to do? Thankfully, Daddy came to the rescue. Josh said he would miss church Sunday morning and keep Eli so I could go. I was so happy to go fellowship, worship, and hear God's word. It was so refreshing! I was also glad to go because it gave Josh and Eli plenty of Daddy time while I was away. I will be honest and say that I did hope that Eli would have a poopy diaper while I was gone. Am I horrible or what? LOL! Josh has only assisted so far on changing a poopy diaper. He hasn't had the full experience himself, yet and I really wanted that to happen. Unforunately for me and fortunately for Josh, that didn't happen. Oh well, there's always next time! While I was gone, Josh was in charge of getting Eli ready for lunch at his Mamaw Chandler's house. I was so happy to find pictures on my camera of my little man all dressed and ready to go eat. The Hargon's gave Eli this little Polo outfit and it's so cute. Unfortunately, this will probably be the only time he'll get to wear it. It's a 3 month, but the legs are already too short for Eli. He's growing like a weed! I always heard people say that babies will never "wear out" their clothes. Now I realize how true those words are! If I can get him to wear something just once before he outgrows it, I'm lucky.

When we got back from lunch, the weather was so nice that I suggested taking the entire family, Maggie included, on a walk around the block. I can't believe the weather we're having in January! It feels like spring most days. I love it because Eli and I can get out of the house, but I kind of wish we would have a few cold days (I've got an entire winter wardrobe that I haven't even touched hardly this year!). Also, Eli has winter clothes for this stage, not spring clothes. I'm going to have to go get him so more outfits if the weather stays this nice.

After our walk we attempted to get a picture of Maggie and Eli together. You've heard me mention in previous posts how hard it is for Nicki and I to get Jonah and Eli to both look at the camera at the same time. Getting a dog and a baby to do that is even harder, especially when the dog has a serious case of ADD. I was able to get Maggie to sit next to Eli, but then she got tired of that and decided to roll in the grass. I thought I could get her to lay next to Eli, but then she decided she wanted to check out the flower garden. This is the best we could do! I wish I could say it will get easier when Eli's older, but I don't think it will.


Maggie and Eli
(after several unsuccessful attempts to get them to "pose" together)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

LOL!! I was laughing so hard on this post because the two times Brody has been left with Dave I have secretly hoped the SAME THING! Unfortunately for me (and fortunately for Dave--like Josh), Brody just peed. Those lucky boys! I mean, is it really THAT hard to change a poopy diaper?? Come on! =) We do it ALL the time!! =) Oh, and Brody has an adorable little Polo outfit too that he was given, and even though it's a 6-9 month one, it's too short for Brody also! I will have to post pics of him. So sad... =( It's one of my favorites! Eli is still so,so handsome!! Love all the pics!!! (Though I am not sure just how you find time to post so often everyday-I think you are secretly SUPERMOM!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...