Friday, March 6, 2009

4 months old

Today Eli turned 4 months old. WOW! I look at the number and I am just amazed that we have had this precious boy in our lives for 4 months. I say this all the time, but where has the time gone? I think back to when we first brought him home from the hospital and compare that baby to the baby I hold in my arms now and SO much has changed! He has developed his own distinct personality and I love finding out about him every day.

We go to the doctor on Tuesday for his 4 month well visit, so I don't have his height and weight stats yet, but here are some of Eli's latest accomplishments, likes, and dislikes.

Accomplishments:
-Roll over from his tummy to his back (YAY!)
-Hold his head up like a champ! (YAY! Tummy time is fun now!)
-Grab his toes
-Turn in the direction of my voice or Josh's voice
-Reach and grab for an object
-Sit in his BUMBO
-Smile spontaneously
-Coo, goo, squeal, and make lots of noises
-Sleep through the night (for the most part) He goes down around 8:30 and usually wakes up around 5:30. He may wake up once every now and then, but usually goes right back to sleep.

Likes:
-Mommy and Daddy are still his favorite :)
-Being outside (I'm so glad it's starting to warm up here. We've been going for walks and he LOVES to stare at everything around him.)
-NUK pacifier
-Funny songs Mommy sings (Hokey Pokey, Skiddamarinky Dinky Dink, and Shake Your Booty-KC and the Sunshine Band- are his favorites right now)
-Looking out at the world around him
-Airplane on Mommy's knees
-Getting his diaper changed (except for when he's really hungry, then it makes him mad)
-Getting his nose sucked out with the aspirator
-Snuggling with Mommy at night and Daddy in the morning
-Books (Brown Bear, Polar Bear, Goodnight Moon, Goodnight Gorilla)
-Baths (He is such a water boy. He loves to splash and play in the tub.)
-Putting things in his mouth

Dislikes:
-I really can't think of any dislikes right now. He is such a happy baby and is so content. He is such a great baby!

Josh and I are loving life as parents. Eli is so much fun! God has blessed our lives so much!

1 comment:

Audra Laney said...

I'm sitting here working on my scrapbook, looking back at when Drew was 1 month old, 2 months old, etc. It IS amazing how fast they grow! Drew hates getting his diaper changed when he's hungry as well; he reminds me that he IS able to throw a fit! And he also LOOOVES the water! We'll all have a fun summer in the pool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...