Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Way Back WHENsday

In the blog world, a lot of people do posts called "Way Back WHENsday". I think these posts are a great way to remember all the fun you've had in the past and to bring back special memories you may want to revisit again and again. So, I decided to join in on the "Way Back WHENsday" fun and start with a very special memory...

One year ago today, I heard this for the very first time...



Isn't that an amazing sound? That was Eli's heartbeat at 7 weeks. What a miracle! That was one of the happiest days of my life. To know that the little boy that we have been blessed with started off as that tiny little pea...WOW! If that doesn't show you how amazing of a God we serve, I don't know what will!

March 18, 2008, Nicki and I went to my first prenatal doctor's visit. I was so, so nervous. I remember that I couldn't tell anyone at school why I was leaving early, so I'm sure I made them all very suspicious. Nicki met me at the doctor's office to be my support and to also be the photographer/videographer (a job she would keep for the entirety of my pregnancy and delivery).

Josh and I knew we were pregnant, but we had only told our family and a few close friends. After this appointment, we told ANYONE and EVERYONE. I remember how happy I was when I got to change my MySpace status to "Josh and Amanda are having a BABY!" (HA! It's the little things in life that make it so good, isn't it?)

You can click here to read the post I wrote that day, but I wanted to leave you with this one picture...still makes me laugh, Nicki!

(Background Information on the picture: Nicki was trying to be as inconspicuous as possible the entire day, but during my first talk with my doctor, Nicki stopped us mid-conversation and had my doctor scoot her chair closer to me. She wanted to make sure she got both of us in the picture. Is she a great photographer, or what? My doctor thought that was pretty funny, so she and I posed for this picture. Thanks again, Nicki!)

2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was hilarious! Makes me laugh even now!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I get to hold that little miracle everyday. Mammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...