Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Beautiful Saturday

Today was a BEAUTIFUL Saturday. The weather was just simply PERFECT! Josh and I had already decided earlier in the week that we wanted to spend Saturday out in our yard and get it ready for spring and summer. Eli's Zue-Zue came over to help watch him while Josh and I worked in the yard. Last year around this time, I wasn't much help because I had just found out I was pregnant and lugging around big bags of mulch was not ideal for someone in my condition. Today I didn't have any excuse so I donned some work gloves and got to work. We pulled up all of our dead plants from last year, mowed the yard, sprayed for weeds, and I attacked the lantana with clippers to cut it back. At the end of it all, our flower bed looked really bare, but so much better without the dead plants! Now it's ready for new pretty ones :) We'll plant in a few more weeks. We want to build our beds up first to get them ready.

Since the weather was so nice outside, Eli and Zue-Zue came out to watch us for a little bit. Josh and I also let Maggie, our golden retriever, out in the front yard with us so she could get some bonding time with us. Poor thing! She's been so neglected ever since Eli came along. I've been trying to take her with Eli and I when we walk just to give her some much needed attention. Eli and Maggie have met several times before this and she has pretty much decided that she's not that interested in him right now. He, on the other hand, is so curious about this big, furry beast! He sat on his blanket and stared and stared at Maggie. I think he may be an animal lover like his Mom one day. After about 20 minutes, Eli was tired and very hungry, so he and Zue-Zue went back into the house. He ate and then took a 2 1/2 hour nap! I guess that time outside really wore him out! I can't wait until spring finally gets here so he and I can start spending more time outside. It's going to be great!

Eli checking out Maggie.

Watching Daddy and Mommy work in the yard

Checking out Maggie...again

My sweet Maggie looking up at her Daddy, who she absolutely adores!

She used to be the one I took pictures of all the time. I had to indulge her in a photo session :)

Maggie went to the doggie spa today! She had a bath, got brushed, got treated for fleas, and had her ears cleaned. She thought she was in doggie heaven!

Maggie with her most favorite toy of all...her pink ball. That's her pacifier! She carries it around with her wherever she goes :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Spring is so exciting; I love that "first yard day of the year".

Unfortunately, spring doesn't start here for quite some time (it's snowing right now). But that hasn't stopped me. I have big plans for spring that include peppers and zucchini!

I can't believe how big Eli is getting! He's such a cutie!

Avery's Mommy said...

isn't the weather so great lately?

i bet eli and maggie will be best friends in no time! :)

Unknown said...

You are so funny!!! I honestly started making it because it was so much cheaper than buying canned food, and the girls ended up liking it a lot more, so I have continued it. I just steam something on the stove for a couple of minutes and throw it in the blender. It makes enough mash for several days, and I feel good because I know it's healthy and cheap...my two favorite things ever!!! :) We did yard work too...boo on that. Nathan taught me to use his dad's zero turn machine...you can't imagine how crappy our yard looks now. I have zig zags everywhere, but at least I got my farmer tan started. :)Better luck next time! Eli is beautiful...you guys are blessed!
Have a wonderful week!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...