Friday, March 6, 2009

One Year Ago Today

It is so amazing how much can happen in one year. One year ago today, Josh and I found out that we were going to have a baby. I cannot tell you how blessed we feel to be here one year later with a beautiful, healthy little boy. He has filled a piece in our life that we didn't even know was missing. I look at him and am in awe of God's goodness. Eli has brought so much joy to our lives in the four short months he has been with us. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him anymore.

There are so many things I want to say, so many things that I am feeling at this moment-gratefulness, amazement, wonder, joy, expectation, fulfillment. I can honestly say that my life has never felt more full. For so many years, Eli was just a distant wish, a dream, a longing that I had in my heart. I always knew that I wanted to be a mother one day, and now that I am one, I can't imagine not being a mother. It brings me so much joy to spend time with my little boy. Every smile, laugh, smirk, wiggle, coo, and squeal fills my heart with so much joy. It makes me wonder, "What did I do before I had him?" He has captured my heart forever.

I have kept a journal full of letters that I have written to Eli since the day Josh and I found out we were expecting. I always love revisiting old journals to remember how I was feeling at a particular moment, so I thought I would share the journal I wrote to Eli on that memorable day.
Dear Baby, Today your Daddy and I found out that you were in Mommy's tummy. We are so happy! We have waited a long time to have you and now you are growing inside me. We feel so blessed by God to have you. God gave us you! I told your Daddy that we were going to have a baby this morning around 5:30 A.M. We hugged and hugged because we were so happy. We are all so happy God gave us you!
Love, Mommy

If you would like to read the original post of when we found out we were expecting click here. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. I can't wait to see what wonderful things God has in store for our lives next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy four month birthday, Eli! It seems like just yesterday you were born and here you are wanting to sit up and be a big boy...slow down; it's too fast for Zue-zue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...