Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just Keep Chewing

This is what much of Eli's day consists of these days...chewing, chewing, chewing. He must be working on some teeth, but from everything I've read it can take months for just one tooth to come in. I may not have any knuckles left if that's the case! He will chew on anything that comes in contact with his mouth and he wants LOTS of pressure on his gums. So much that it really hurts sometimes! I've given him lots of teething rings and teething toys, but he seems to prefer his own hands or someone else's over everything else. I've read about freezing washcloths and then letting the baby chew on those...I may try that soon.

In other news, you'll notice that Eli is sporting a new accessory on his Bumbo...the Bumbo tray! I found it today tucked in the back of his closet. It's amazing what you find when you start organizing (again). I tried it out today, but Eli quickly proved that it's no match for his strength. One minute the tray was on his Bumbo, the next, it was flying across the kitchen floor. I'll have to weld the pieces together, I guess, if I want it to stay affixed to his chair. This little boy continues to amaze us with his strength and determination :)


Speaking of determination...guess who rolled from his back to his tummy TWICE today? Yes, yes yes! Eli rolled from back to tummy today for the first time! Not only did he do it once, he did it twice! We all clapped and cheered! We were so surprised! In fact, I was so surprised that I didn't even get a picture! (Don't worry, I will very soon!) For weeks, he has been SO close to rolling over, but never could quite get his shoulder over. Today he finally did it! He was so proud of himself when he saw the amount of praise he received from his adoring fans. He's growing up so fast!

2 comments:

Jami Ainsworth said...

Precious...the not getting a photo part reminds me of when Cameron was playing ball. If he had a great hit, homerun or whatever...I usually missed it because I was too busy being a mom/cheerleader. I think I actuallly got better images of the other players than my own son because of this! LOL..either way I will remember the big moments not matter what, but I think photos help us retain the memories of the little things longer!

It's so neat that digital enables us to preserve memories w/o worry of costs. I take many more photos of the little things of Natalie than I did mine just because it costs so much more with film.

Anonymous said...

All that rolling over practice we have been doing has paid off, but how will I keep him on his play mat? Mammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...