Sunday, March 22, 2009

Roly Poly

I told you last week that Eli finally mastered rolling from his back to his tummy. I actually didn't get a picture or video of him doing it because I was so surprised when he did it! I have made up for that though! Saturday afternoon, I was able to capture him rolling from his tummy to his back and from his back to his tummy. He's "talking" a lot during this video and after listening back to it, it sounds more like whining. He's probably telling me how much he doesn't want to be on his stomach and back; he prefers sitting or standing these days (with assistance, of course!) My little baby thinks he is so much bigger than he really is!




His new found mobility also has Josh and I being really cautious now about where we leave him. The other night he was on his blanket in the middle of the floor, Josh was on the couch, and I was in the recliner watching TV (this isn't going to happen very much anymore!). One minute Eli was in the middle of the living room playing with his toys, the next minute he was under one of our end tables! Last night he ended up almost under the recliner and today he ended up under another end table. Tammy took some of these pictures to show that he's being a roly poly at her house, too! He decided to check out her coffee table today while he was there :) He was just doing the white glove test for dust :) Mammy passed! I told Josh that we need to just lay blankets all over our carpet so he won't rub his face raw when he starts rolling. We also are going to have to pick up anything we leave on the ground that we don't want him to get into, because now he can! In fact, just looking at these pictures, I'm going "Okay, that needs to go, that needs to go, THAT really has to go..." It's so funny to watch him roll from place to place. We can already tell that life is going to get really interesting when he starts crawling....

This is where he started...

Where he ended up...

Uh oh! They caught me!


Hmm...look at all this stuff I can't touch...yet ;)

Don't mind me, Mammy.
I'm just checking out the table...thought it was a little loose.

Ooo, nice and sparkly. Mammy, you're a good cleaner!

Peek-a-Boo! I see you!

2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Better start eating your Wheaties!!! Keep your tennis shoes on because you are about to be running. But, it is SO fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I think Mammy may be to old for all this activity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...