Friday, March 13, 2009

Visit from Grammy and Pop

Tuesday afternoon, my parents, Eli's Grammy and Pop, came to visit us for a couple of days. We were all so excited! The last time they had been down was back in January and they were dying to see how Eli had grown. They get to see him about once or twice a week on the web cam, but it's not the same as seeing him in person. We were so glad they were able to make the trip!

They got in late Tuesday afternoon (Eli's well visit day) and Eli was taking a much needed nap in his crib when they arrived. I know it was so hard on them to not rush in there, snatch him up, and start smothering him in kisses, but they refrained because they knew how much he needed to sleep. He'd had a very busy morning and needed his rest. It wasn't long before he started to stir and they went back with me to get him. It was so much fun to see his face when he saw them for the first time. His face lit up with joy! He was so happy to see them and their faces were GLOWING! There is no doubt this baby is loved :)

Smiling in Grammy's arms

Eli and his Grammy

Eli and his Pop

Eli and Pop chillin' on the couch

My little jumping bean

Doing leg exercises in Grammy's lap

Earlier that day, Dr. Russ had given us the go ahead on trying rice cereal with Eli, so I let Mom feed him some that night. I think we're going to have a lot of success with rice cereal. Eli LOVED it! He's still figuring out how to use his tongue to eat from a spoon, but I think he did really well for only his second time to eat rice cereal. Dad videoed it, but I don't know how to use iMovie and the video is kind of long, so I can't post his just yet. (Josh and I did one that lasts about a minute the other night. I'll try to post that one soon). Like I said, I think he did really well, but it was funny because at the end of the feeding he had it ALL over him. He enjoyed "helping" Grammy feed him the rice cereal. Oh, and you'll notice the spoon he's holding in the picture. Grammy had a spoon that he wanted, so we finally gave him one to hold. The spoon ended up getting in the way and making things messier (if that was possible!). I think every orifice on his face was covered in cereal by the time it was all said and done. He probably wore more than he ate! (Where was I with the camera then?)

I've got my spoon! Let's eat!

Yum! This stuff is kind of good!

Like "see"food? Here ya go!

Eli did enjoy showing Mom and Dad all the things he can do now. He showed them all his tricks-squealing, cooing, laughing, jumping, grabbing his toes, and rolling over. He especially enjoyed using Mom's and Dad's arms as a Johnny Jump-Up. (I did post that video!) I don't think he sat still for 5 seconds Tuesday night. He just kept playing and playing. Pretty soon, he wore himself out and finally went to sleep. He must have known he was going to have a busy day with his Grammy and Pop when he woke up!

1 comment:

Audra Laney said...

Oh Eli is getting so big so quickly! In the next 2 months he's going to amaze you with how much he's going to change! You'll think, "What happened to my INFANT boy?!"

I know your parents loved every minute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...